Unfortunately, Chabot Gun Club’s lease was not renewed by the East Bay Regional Park District and the marksmanship range is now permanently closed. We thank all of our tens of thousands of patrons for your support for more than fifty years at this important facility. There are no plans to open up at another location at this time, although we still are open to suggestions.
Policies on Range Rentals
Chabot Gun Club, located in the Anthony Chabot Regional Park at 9999 Redwood Road in Castro Valley, CA, rents range time to government agencies and private organizations. We are open every day of the week, with privacy on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Due to limited rental range availability, priority is given to Law Enforcement and Security Training, followed by civilian programs which further the goals and purposes of Chabot Gun Club and do not interfere with existing activities and programs.
On public line days, generally Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, Ranges 1, 2, 3 and Trap are for non-commercial use only. Commercial or professional activities, such as instruction, training, photography. video or other recording for hire or for any other commercial or professional use, are not permitted.
To obtain range time all applicants must meet the following criteria and supply verifying documents to be kept on file at Chabot Gun Club, Inc.:
1. A written statement on your department, company and/or parent organization letterhead that the use of Chabot Gun Club is authorized by the department, company and/or parent organization.
2. A Hold Harmless Agreement as provided by Chabot Gun Club, Inc.
3. Proof of $ 1,000,000.00 insurance or proof of acceptable self insurance.
4. Statement on insurance incorporating Chabot Gun Club, Inc. and the East Bay Regional Park District as Additionally Insured.
5. Rangemaster or Instructor qualifications acceptable to Chabot Gun Club, Inc. For example, NRA civilian credentials do NOT meet our requirements.
6. Review by Chabot Gun Club management to insure that the proposed rental conforms to the overall purposes and objectives of the Club. Rentals cannot interfere with existing Club responsibilities, legal requirements and /or Club activities. We reserve the right to refuse rental or other service to anyone.
Chabot Gun Club’s Range facilities are suitable for practice with most firearms and small arms ammunition. However, deployment of incendiary or explosive devices, tracer ammunition, etc., is strictly dependent upon prior, date specific, written approval by the East Bay Regional Park Department of Public Safety. Activities that do not conform to normal range procedures or are not confined to the specific range being rented must be approved by the General Manager or an Assistant Rangemaster in his absence.
Firearms shall NOT be un-holstered, holstered, un-cased, cased, unloaded or loaded outside the range assigned to the shooter’s agency or company. All manipulations of firearms must be at and/or under the direction and supervision of the agency or company rangemaster and Chabot Gun Club personnel and only at the location on the range specified by them. No manipulations shall be permitted in any parking lot, on any road or in any common area outside the assigned range.
Cameras that take still photographs are permitted on the range being rented. The use of video cameras, or other motion picture devices, however, requires a written request to the Chabot Gun Club, Inc. Board of Directors and if approved, must follow the guidelines set forth by the Board. Each day’s use of video or motion picture recording must be addressed specifically by the Board.
To obtain more detailed information, please contact us here.
Chabot Gun Club, Inc.
P.O. Box 2246
Castro Valley, CA 94546-0246
Management reserves the right to refuse admission, control occupancy or remove anyone whose conduct is deemed by management to be disorderly or who fails to comply with any safety regulation.